Thursday, August 6, 2009

King's Peak - High Uintahs Wilderness



Just got back from 4 days in the Henry's Fork basin on the North Slope of the High Uintahs Wilderness in Utah. Took 3 of the venture scouts from our ward. We hiked 7 miles up to Bear Lake and fished and relaxed. I went with one of the scouts on a 21 mile dayhike the third day, leaving at 4:45 AM, and climbing 3,000 feet to King's Peak at 13,528 feet. At the trailhead the first day, I went to put on my boots and realized my inserts were back home drying out from the last hike I went on. My feet are now hamburger. Here's the biggest blister and me atop King's Peak. Awesome 4 days. Rained on us all the way out. And no, that blister is not my unborn twin. Although, it did have teeth.







4 comments:

Bryan & Bobbie said...

That thing is friggin huge! I don't know why, but looking at it makes me kind of hungry. I'm eating a package of gummy snacks which relates quite well to the texture of that thing, maybe thats it.
It it so beautiful out there. It brings back memories from our elk hunt.

joeheywood said...

I saw 4 moose but no elk. I haven't eaten the blister yet, but it did expel about a quart of water when I stuck my knife in it just after taking this picture. I filled up my Nalgene bottle with it. I didn't treat the water, though. Do you think I'll get sick?

Mother of Eight said...

I think you are sick.

Lacei Child said...

That is THE NARLIEST BLISTER EVER!!! OUCH!